Issued 03:30 PM NDT 06 May 2015
Tonight and Thursday
Wind west 25 knots diminishing to west 15 to 20 near midnight then veering to northwest 25 Thursday evening.
Chance of showers late this afternoon. Chance of flurries or showers beginning Thursday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 6 May 2015 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Cape Breton Island near 4600N 5950W to
4555N 5925W to 4615N 5835W to 4800N 6000W to 4825N 6120W to Gaspe
Peninsula near 4820N 6440W. Sea ice west and south of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Quebec near 5015N 6000W to 5005N
5930W to Newfoundland near 5020N 5730W. Sea ice north of the ice
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 6 May 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 6 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4721N 5443W to 4545N 5415W to 4145N 5030W to 4144N 4845W to 4600N
4200W to 4800N 4200W to 5300N 4500W to 6000N 5630W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 6 May estimated from Quebec near
5014N 6000W to Newfoundland near 4934N 5755W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM NDT 6 May 2015 Tonight and Thursday At 3:30 p.m. NDT today weakening low 989 mb located over Labrador
At 3:00 a.m. NDT Thursday trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over western Newfoundland.
By 6:30 p.m. NDT Thursday trough located over eastern Newfoundland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:44 AM NDT 6 May 2015 An intense low pressure system over the South Labrador Sea will drift
slowly northward today. Strong to gale force westerlies over the
Belle Isle Bank will slowly diminish as the low moves away from the
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for the
Belle Isle Bank - northern half.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - northern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks - northern half
- Northern Grand Banks - southern half
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: