South Labrador Sea - western half
Issued 09:30 PM NDT 31 March 2015
Tonight and Wednesday
Wind southeast 10 to 15 knots becoming variable 10 to 15 Wednesday afternoon.
Flurries. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Temperatures minus 2 to plus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 31 March 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Avalon Peninsula near 4745N 5240W to 4705N
4525W to 4845N 4455W to 5000N 4735W to 5145N 4835W to 5450N 5225W to
5630N 5555W to 5800N 5730W then northward. Sea ice north and west of
the ice edge.
Bergy water except 8 tenths of first-year ice including a trace of
old ice in the western section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 31 March 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 31 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4636N 5334W to 4430N 4813W to 4430N 4713W to 4700N 4128W to 4928N
4158W to 6000N 5639W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 31 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5115N 5819W to Newfoundland near 5028N 5728W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 31 March 2015 Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight trough located on a line east-west over
the Northwest Labrador Sea.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT Wednesday trough located over the North Labrador
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:18 PM NDT 31 March 2015 A trough of low pressure over the Northwest Labrador Sea will slowly
track northward to lie north of the marine district by Wednesday
evening. Over northern waters, strong to gale force easterly winds
are expected ahead of the trough.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
North Labrador Coast and Northwest Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the North Labrador Coast, Northwest Labrador Sea, and East
Labrador Sea - northern half.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks - northern half
- Northern Grand Banks - southern half
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - southern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: