South Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 AM NST 30 January 2015
Today Tonight and Saturday
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots increasing to northwest 20 late overnight.
Flurries this evening.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray beginning overnight.
Temperatures minus 18 to minus 10.
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 29 January 2015 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5300W to 5035N 5000W to 5400N 5055W to 5545N 5515W to 5800N 5730W then northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
9 tenths of grey ice including 3 tenths of grey-white ice except 9 plus tenths of grey-white ice including 3 tenths of first-year ice in eastern and in northern sections.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 29 January 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 29 Jan estimated from Newfoundland near 4810N 5255W to 5000N 4800W to 5200N 4800W to 6000N 5800W. Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 29 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast near 5200N 5600W to Newfoundland near 5130N 5600W.
Iceberg CountLess than 10 icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
South Labrador CoastIssued 09:30 AM NST 30 January 2015
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NST 30 January 2015 Today Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 a.m. NST today ridge located from Labrador to Belle
By 9:30 p.m. NST tonight departing ridge located over Greenland.
At 3:00 p.m. NST today trough located over the Northwest Labrador
By 4:00 a.m. NST Saturday trough located over the East Labrador Sea.
At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight approaching low 995 mb located over Funk
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:18 AM NST 30 January 2015 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all open waters.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: