Sable - eastern half
Issued 03:30 PM ADT 30 March 2017
Tonight and Friday
Storm warning in effect.
Wind north 50 knots diminishing to north 45 early this evening and to north 35 near noon Friday. Wind diminishing to north 25 Friday evening.
Periods of snow or rain changing to periods of snow early this evening and ending near noon Friday. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 30 March 2017 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4520N 6100W to 4500N 6030W
to 4500N 5905W to 4555N 5820W to Newfoundland near 4735N 5900W. Sea
ice northwest of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 30 March 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4726N 5300W to 4445N 4900W to 4445N 4600W to 4700N 4330W to 5000N
4330W to 5145N 4530W to 5300N 5000W to 5600N 5200W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 Mar estimated from Newfoundland
near 4918N 5808W to Quebec near 5023N 6006W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Sable - eastern halfIssued 3:30 PM ADT 30 March 2017
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 30 March 2017 Tonight and Friday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today deepening low 975 mb located over southern
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Friday low 960 mb located south of the Grand
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight ridge located over New England.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Friday ridge located over the western Marine
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:40 PM ADT 30 March 2017 A low pressure system will continue to intensify as it moves eastward
to lie over the Southern Grand Banks by this evening. Strong to gale
northeasterlies ahead of the low will shift to gale to storm north or
northwesterlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
Sable-eastern half, East Scotian Slope and Laurentian Fan.
Gale warnings are in effect for Georges Bank, southwestern shore,
LaHave Bank, West Scotian Slope, eastern shore, Sable-western half,
Fourchu, Banquereau, Cabot Strait, Northumberland Strait-eastern
half, Gulf-Magdalen and Anticosti-eastern half.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northeastern half
- Banquereau - southwestern half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks - northern half
- Northern Grand Banks - southern half
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: