Issued 03:00 AM ADT 31 May 2016
Today Tonight and Wednesday
Wind southwest 25 knots diminishing to west 15 Wednesday morning then veering to north 15 to 20 Wednesday afternoon.
A few showers ending overnight. Risk of thunderstorms today. Fog patches dissipating near noon Wednesday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2016 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 30 May 2016
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4656N 5402W to 4245N 4945W to 4245N 4815W to 4545N 3700W to 4730N
3700W to 5300N 4715W to 5600N 4900W then eastward.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 May estimated from Quebec near
5016N 6025W to Newfoundland near 4917N 5808W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 31 May 2016 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today trough located on a line east-west over
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight trough located from Cabot Strait to
At 10:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday trough located from the Avalon Peninsula
to Georges Bank.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Wednesday departing trough located east of
At 10:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday ridge located west of Labrador.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Wednesday ridge located from the Gaspe Peninsula
to East Scotian Slope.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: