Issued 04:00 PM NST 14 February 2016
Tonight and Monday
Wind southwest 25 knots diminishing to southwest 15 to 20 late overnight then veering to west 25 Monday afternoon.
A few flurries beginning this evening and ending late overnight.
Temperatures minus 25 rising to minus 17 Monday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 14 February 2016 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5305W to 4755N 4925W
to 5230N 5030W to 5450N 5215W to 5550N 5545W to 5800N 5730W then
northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NST 14 February 2016 Tonight and Monday At 4:00 p.m. NST today dissipating trough located over northern
At 4:00 p.m. NST today deepening low 966 mb located northeast of
Belle Isle Bank.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Monday quasi-stationary low 958 mb located east
of Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:55 PM NST 14 February 2016 A deepening low pressure system northeast of Belle Isle Bank will
move northeastward to lie east of the Labrador Sea tonight, where it
will remain nearly stationary for the remainder of the forecast
period. Gale to storm force west to northwesterlies will develop
tonight and Monday over most waters to the west of this system.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
the Northwest Labrador Sea and East Labrador Sea. Gale warnings are
in effect for all remaining waters except Lake Melville.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all open waters.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: