Issued 09:30 AM NST 04 March 2015
Today Tonight and Thursday
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots increasing to west 20 to 25 Thursday morning then veering to northwest 15 to 20 Thursday afternoon.
A few flurries beginning this evening. Visibility as low as 1 mile in flurries.
Temperatures minus 24 rising to minus 14 this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 4 March 2015 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4710N 5250W to 4735N 4700W
to 5110N 4805W to 5505N 5215W to 5645N 5600W to 5800N 5700W then
northward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NST 4 March 2015 Today Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 a.m. NST today low 956 mb located south of Greenland.
By 4:00 p.m. NST today departing low 957 mb located southeast
At 9:30 a.m. NST today dissipating trough located on a line
east-west over the South Labrador Sea.
At 4:00 a.m. NST Thursday trough located on a line east-west over
central Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:16 AM NST 4 March 2015 An intense low pressure system south of Greenland will continue to
track away from the marine district today. Additionally, a trough of
low pressure over the South Labrador Sea will dissipate this morning.
Strong to gale force northwesterlies over most waters will ease today
and tonight behind these features.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
The Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all open waters.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks - northern half
- Northern Grand Banks - southern half
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: