Issued 04:00 PM NDT 24 October 2016
Tonight and Tuesday
Wind northeast 25 knots backing to north 15 to 20 Tuesday morning.
Snow changing to a few flurries late overnight.
Temperatures minus 2 to plus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 July 2016
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NDT 24 October 2016 Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 p.m. NDT today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over the South Labrador Coast.
By 9:30 a.m. NDT Tuesday trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Great Northern Peninsula.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:49 PM NDT 24 October 2016 A trough of low pressure over the South Labrador Coast will move
south of the region tonight. Strong to gale force northeasterlies
north of the trough will back to strong northerlies early Tuesday as
it moves away.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
South Labrador Coast, Mid Labrador Coast and South Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - northern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: