Issued 10:00 AM ADT 03 May 2015
Today Tonight and Monday
Wind light becoming southwest 10 to 15 knots this afternoon then diminishing to light near midnight. Wind increasing to southwest 10 to 15 Monday afternoon and to southwest 15 to 20 Monday evening.
Fog patches dissipating near noon. Fog patches forming near midnight and dissipating early Monday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 3 May 2015 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4520N 6100W to 4615N 5830W
to Newfoundland near 4740N 5750W. Sea ice north and west of the ice
Open water except consolidated first-year ice in bays and on parts
of the coast.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 2 May 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 2 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4650N 5400W to 4500N 5330W to 4230N 4945W to 4230N 4830W to 4600N
3600W to 4730N 3600W to 5100N 3830W to 6000N 5630W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 2 May estimated from Quebec near
5014N 6000W to Newfoundland near 4934N 5755W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 3 May 2015 Today Tonight and Monday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located over Nova Scotia.
By 9:00 p.m. ADT Monday departing ridge located east of the Marine
At 9:00 p.m. ADT Monday approaching cold front located over
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - northern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: