East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
Issued 03:00 AM NDT 24 August 2017
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind southwest 15 to 20 knots with gusts to 25 along the coast today. Wind becoming southwest 10 to 15 near midnight then backing to south 15 to 20 Friday evening.
Periods of rain beginning Friday morning. Fog banks.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 15 July 2017 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 23 August 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 Aug estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5255W to 4700N 5100W to 5100N 4830W to 5300N 4930W to 5700N
5400W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 Aug estimated from Newfoundland
near 5033N 5714W to Quebec near 5120N 5817W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except less than 10 icebergs north of the
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 24 August 2017 Today Tonight and Friday At 3:00 a.m. NDT today trough located on a line east-west over
northern Belle Isle Bank.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Friday low 1000 mb located over southern Labrador
At 3:00 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located southeast
of the Grand Banks.
At 3:00 a.m. NDT Friday approaching low 1008 mb located south of
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: