East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
Issued 03:00 AM NDT 26 March 2017
Today Tonight and Monday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 25 knots increasing to northwest 35 near noon and to northwest 35 to 45 Monday morning.
Flurries. Visibility as low as 1 mile in flurries.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water moderate at times severe freezing spray.
Temperatures minus 12 to minus 6.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 March 2017 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4805N 5255W to 4700N 4840W
to 4840N 4655W to 5500N 5200W to 5630N 5540W to 5800N 5700W then
northward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 25 March 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5304W to 4515N 4800W to 4515N 4600W to 4715N 4145W to 5000N
4145W to 5145N 4615W to 5300N 5000W to 5600N 5200W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 Mar estimated from Newfoundland
near 4907N 5824W to Quebec near 5015N 6018W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except less than 10 icebergs northeast of the
Warnings (In effect)
East Coast - Cape St. Francis and southIssued 03:00 AM NDT 26 March 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
East CoastIssued 03:00 AM NDT 26 March 2017
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 26 March 2017 Today Tonight and Monday At 3:00 a.m. NDT today trough located east of the Avalon Peninsula.
By 10:00 a.m. NDT today departing trough located east of the
At 3:00 a.m. NDT today deepening low 1001 mb located over the
southeastern Grand Banks.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Monday quasi-stationary low 963 mb located east
of the Flemish Cap.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:55 AM NDT 26 March 2017 A low pressure system over the Southeastern Grand Banks will
intensify as it tracks northeastward today and then stall just east
of the Flemish Cap tonight. Gale to storm force northwesterlies will
develop over most waters today as the storm intensifies.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
Funk Island Bank, Northern Grand Banks, and Southeastern Grand Banks.
Gale warnings are in effect all other waters except Strait of Belle
Isle - western half, Gulf waters and Southwest Coast.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all waters.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - northeastern half
- Banquereau - southwestern half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - northeastern half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: