Issued 03:00 AM ADT 25 April 2015
Today Tonight and Sunday
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind variable 15 knots diminishing to light early this morning then increasing to northwest 20 overnight. Wind increasing to northwest 30 Sunday morning then diminishing to variable 15 to 20 Sunday afternoon. Wind becoming northeast 15 to 20 Sunday evening.
Chance of showers or drizzle changing to periods of rain and periods of snow Sunday morning then to chance of showers Sunday afternoon and evening. Fog patches.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 24 April 2015 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4520N 6100W to 4535N 6000W
to 4510N 5920W to 4535N 5805W to 4725N 5810W to Newfoundland near
4720N 5520W. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
Ice CoverageSpecial ice warning in effect.
7 tenths of first-year ice. Unusual presence of sea ice in the
northern section today and Saturday.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 24 April 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4637N 5331W to 4430N 4900W to 4415N 4600W to 4630N 3730W to 4730N
3700W to 5045N 3900W to 6000N 5500W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5107N 5837W to Newfoundland near 5028N 5728W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Cabot StraitIssued 03:00 AM ADT 25 April 2015
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Cabot StraitIssued 10:00 AM EDT 24 April 2015
Navigators in this marine area should be on the lookout for hazardous ice conditions and take necessary safety precautions. Please refer to the latest ice forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 25 April 2015 Today Tonight and Sunday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today quasi-stationary low 999 mb located over
At 3:00 p.m. ADT today low 992 mb located south of Laurentian Fan.
By 3:00 p.m. ADT Sunday low 996 mb located over Banquereau.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks - eastern half
- Northern Grand Banks - western half
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: