Strait of Belle Isle
Issued 08:00 PM NDT 02 September 2015
Tonight and Thursday
Wind light increasing to southwest 10 to 15 knots near midnight and to north 25 Thursday evening.
Showers beginning Thursday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 11 July 2015 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 2 September 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 3 Sep estimated from Newfoundland near
5100N 5555W to 5115N 5000W to 5230N 4930W to 5530N 5200W to 6000N
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 3 Sep estimated from Quebec near
5115N 5835W to Newfoundland near 5035N 5720W.
Iceberg CountLess than 10 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NDT 2 September 2015 Tonight and Thursday At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight low 1000 mb located over northern Funk
By 8:00 p.m. NDT Thursday low 994 mb located over eastern Labrador
At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight trough located over central Labrador.
By 8:00 p.m. NDT Thursday trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over Newfoundland.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort
- East Labrador Sea - northern half
- East Labrador Sea - southern half
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: