Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
Issued 09:30 PM NST 08 February 2016
Tonight and Tuesday
Wind northwest 30 knots diminishing to northwest 15 to 20 Tuesday morning and to variable 10 to 15 Tuesday evening.
Flurries. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray ending Tuesday evening.
Temperatures minus 16 to minus 8.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EST 8 February 2016 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 5800N 5800W to 6110N 5730W then northward.
Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 8 tenths of first-year ice in the extreme
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 8 February 2016
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 8 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5300W to 4500N 4800W to 4515N 4645W to 4745N 4415W to 4845N
4415W to 5500N 5100W to 6000N 5800W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 8 Feb estimated from Quebec near
5120N 5800W to Newfoundland near 5040N 5725W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except less than 10 icebergs west of the
Warnings (In effect)
Northwest Labrador SeaIssued 9:30 PM NST 08 February 2016
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NST 8 February 2016 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight quasi-stationary ridge located over
At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight quasi-stationary trough located south
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:14 PM NST 8 February 2016 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all open waters except those over the Mid Labrador Coast -
north of Hopedale and the North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: