North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
Issued 09:30 AM NDT 24 May 2017
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots increasing to north 15 to 20 Thursday morning.
Flurries. Visibility as low as 1 mile in flurries.
Temperatures minus 5 to zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 24 May 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4745N 5245W to 4835N 5135W
to 5115N 5420W to 5340N 5210W to 5450N 5205W to 5540N 5655W to 5800N
5800W then northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
8 tenths of first-year ice including a trace of old ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 24 May 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4738N 5637W to 4415N 5600W to 4300N 5015W to 4300N 4800W to 4500N
4445W to 4600N 4445W to 5300N 4845W to 5600N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 May estimated from Quebec near
5018N 6259W to Anticosti Island near 4943N 6300W and then from
Anticosti Island near 4907N 6207W to 4830N 6145W to Newfoundland
near 4736N 5913W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 24 May 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over Labrador Sea.
At 9:30 a.m. NDT today low 1014 mb located over Ungava Bay.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Thursday low 1014 mb located over the North
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - northern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southern half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: