North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
Issued 09:30 PM NDT 29 May 2015
Tonight and Saturday
Wind west 15 knots diminishing to light Saturday morning.
Temperatures near minus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 29 May 2015 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5145N 5615W to
Newfoundland near 5130N 5610W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 5030N 5620W to
5025N 5320W to 5440N 5210W to 5605N 5640W to 5655N 5600W to 5800N
5800W then northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
6 tenths of first-year ice including a trace of old ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 29 May 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 29 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4652N 5555W to 4045N 5130W to 4045N 4930W to 4545N 3700W to 4745N
3700W to 5515N 4800W to 6000N 5730W.
Western iceberg limit at estimated from Quebec near 5017N 6044W to
Newfoundland near 4903N 5821W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 29 May 2015 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight quasi-stationary low 984 mb located
southeast of Greenland.
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight ridge located over central Labrador.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT Saturday ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over Labrador Sea.
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight low 1005 mb located over western Quebec.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT Saturday low 1000 mb located over western Labrador.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:16 PM NDT 29 May 2015 A low pressure system will remain nearly stationary just southeast of
Greenland and gradually weaken throughout the forecast period. Strong
to gale force northwesterlies in the wake of the low will ease to
moderate to strong on Saturday.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek, South Labrador Sea, Northwest
Labrador Sea - southern half and the East Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: