North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
Issued 09:30 AM NST 27 February 2015
Today Tonight and Saturday
Wind west 20 knots.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray.
Temperatures near minus 23.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 26 February 2015 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4735N 5240W to 4720N 4950W
to 4835N 4730W to 5145N 4825W to 5515N 5230W to 5625N 5625W to 5800N
5730W then northward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
9 plus tenths of first-year ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 26 February 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 26 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5253W to 4700N 5030W to 4800N 4730W to 5000N 4700W to 5145N
4700W to 6000N 5745W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 26 Feb estimated from Quebec near
5118N 5831W to Newfoundland near 5033N 5719W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
North Labrador CoastIssued 09:30 AM NST 27 February 2015
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NST 27 February 2015 Today Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 a.m. NST today departing low 966 mb located southeast
At 4:00 p.m. NST today low 1000 mb located over the Northwest
By 4:00 a.m. NST Saturday low 996 mb located over the South
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:28 AM NST 27 February 2015 A low pressure system southeast of Greenland sea will continue away
from the marine district this morning. Strong to gale force
northwesterlies over easternmost waters will diminish later this
A second low tracking through the Labrador Sea will move east of the
district on Saturday. Strong to gale force westerlies will spread
over southern waters on Saturday behind this system.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
South Labrador Sea and the East Labrador Sea - southern half.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all open waters.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea - northern half
- East Labrador Sea - southern half
- Funk Island Bank - northeastern half
- Funk Island Bank - southwestern half
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northern half
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: