North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
Issued 09:30 PM NDT 22 March 2017
Tonight and Thursday
Wind west 30 knots veering to northwest 25 Thursday afternoon.
Risk of freezing spray.
Temperatures minus 20 to minus 15.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 22 March 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4805N 5255W to 4715N 4735W
to 4745N 4615W to 5135N 4925W to 5150N 5140W to 5500N 5240W to 5650N
5650W to 5800N 5700W then northward. Sea ice north and west of the
9 tenths of first-year ice except 9 plus tenths of first-year ice
including a trace of old ice in the extreme northeastern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 22 March 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5305W to 4515N 4700W to 4715N 4200W to 4900N 4215W to 5200N
4545W to 5300N 5000W to 5600N 5200W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Mar estimated from Newfoundland
near 4925N 5802W to Quebec near 5032N 5954W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 22 March 2017 Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight weakening low 972 mb located north of
the East Labrador Sea.
By 9:30 a.m. NDT Thursday departing low 987 mb located over
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight low 1000 mb located over New Brunswick.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT Thursday low 985 mb located over eastern Belle
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:22 PM NDT 22 March 2017 A low pressure system north of the East Labrador Sea will weaken as
it moves north of the district overnight. Strong to gale force
northwesterlies in the wake of the low will diminish by early
Thursday morning as it departs.
A second low will approach the district from the south on Thursday.
Strong to gale force northwesterlies will develop over southern
waters ahead of the low late on Thursday.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
South Labrador Coast and the Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: