Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
Issued 09:30 PM NDT 23 April 2017
Tonight and Monday
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots increasing to south 15 to 20 late overnight and to west 30 near noon Monday.
Flurries beginning Monday morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Risk of freezing spray Monday afternoon and evening.
Temperatures minus 5 to zero falling to minus 8 Monday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 23 April 2017 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4655N 5335W to 4640N 5345W
to 4625N 5320W to 4640N 5240W to 4920N 5145W to 5015N 5300W to 5200N
5050W to 5505N 5250W to 5700N 5700W to 5800N 5700W then
northeastward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
9 plus tenths of first-year ice including a trace of old ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 23 April 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4740N 5720W to 4400N 5700W to 4045N 5200W to 4045N 4645W to 4800N
4215W to 5115N 4400W to 5300N 4945W to 5600N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 Apr estimated from Newfoundland
near 4736N 5909W to Anticosti Island near 5022N 6323W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 23 April 2017 Tonight and Monday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight intensifying low 995 mb located over the
southeastern Northwest Labrador Sea.
By 9:30 a.m. NDT Monday departing low 990 mb located over the
northern Northwest Labrador Sea.
At 9:30 a.m. NDT Monday trough located over eastern Labrador.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Monday intensifying low 992 mb located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:20 PM NDT 23 April 2017 A low pressure system over the South Labrador Sea will continue to
move northwards tonight. Gale force southeasterlies over extreme
eastern waters will diminish Monday morning.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
East Labrador Sea. Marine interests are also advised that a freezing
spray warning is in effect for South Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: