Issued 09:30 PM NST 22 January 2017
Tonight and Monday
Wind southwest 10 to 15 knots increasing to southwest 15 to 20 near noon Monday.
Low tonight minus 18. High Monday minus 10.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 22 January 2017 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4810N 5255W to 5055N 5145W
to 5135N 5005W to 5520N 5150W to 5615N 5605W to 5800N 5700W then
northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NST 22 January 2017 Tonight and Monday At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight low 969 mb located south of Greenland.
By 4:00 p.m. NST Monday low 967 mb located southeast of Greenland.
At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight building ridge located over western
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:20 PM NST 22 January 2017 An intense low pressure system south of Greenland will continue
northeastward to lie southeast of Greenland by Monday morning.
Meanwhile, a ridge of high pressure will build over Labrador.
Gale force northwesterlies between these two features will persist
tonight and Monday.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Lake Melville.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all regions with any open water.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: