Issued 09:30 AM NST 21 February 2017
Today Tonight and Wednesday
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots increasing to southwest 15 to 20 Wednesday morning.
Flurries beginning Wednesday morning and ending Wednesday afternoon. Visibility as low as 1 mile in flurries.
Temperatures minus 20 rising to minus 5 Wednesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 21 February 2017 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4755N 5305W to 4740N 5000W
to 4830N 4900W to 5200N 4900W to 5800N 5800W then northward. Sea ice
north and west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NST 21 February 2017 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 a.m. NST today trough located north of Labrador Sea.
By 9:30 a.m. NST Wednesday trough located on a line east-west over
central Labrador Sea.
At 9:30 a.m. NST today ridge located over Labrador.
By 9:30 a.m. NST Wednesday ridge located over Newfoundland.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Wednesday approaching low 996 mb located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:21 AM NST 21 February 2017 Marine interests are advised that gale warnings have ended.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- North Labrador Coast
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: