Issued 04:00 PM NST 05 March 2015
Tonight and Friday
Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots backing to southwest 15 to 20 Friday evening.
A few flurries ending late overnight. Visibility as low as 1 mile in flurries.
Temperatures minus 12 falling to minus 22 overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 5 March 2015 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4710N 5250W to 4700N 4620W
to 5155N 4810W to 5645N 5600W to 5800N 5700W then northward. Sea ice
north and west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NST 5 March 2015 Tonight and Friday At 4:00 p.m. NST today intensifying trough located on a line
east-west over central Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 p.m. NST Friday trough located on a line east-west over
the South Labrador Sea.
At 4:00 p.m. NST today low 960 mb located south of Greenland.
By 4:00 p.m. NST Friday low 940 mb located east of Greenland.
At 4:00 p.m. NST today approaching ridge located over Quebec.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 4:06 PM NST 5 March 2015 An intensifying trough of low pressure over the Central Labrador Sea
will slowly drift southeastward across the South Labrador Sea through
the forecast period. Gale to storm force northwesterlies will develop
over most waters later today and tonight as this trough intensifies.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
the Mid Labrador Coast and the South Labrador Sea. Gale warnings are
in effect for all remaining waters except Lake Melville and the East
Labrador Sea - northwestern half.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all open waters.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- East Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northern half
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: