Issued 09:30 PM NDT 30 May 2016
Tonight and Tuesday
Wind south 20 knots diminishing to variable 10 to 15 after midnight then becoming north 10 to 15 Tuesday morning. Wind increasing to north 20 early Tuesday evening.
Showers and mist beginning Tuesday morning and ending Tuesday evening. Visibility as low as 1 mile in mist.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 30 May 2016 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Labrador near 5215N 5540W to 5250N 5400W to
5330N 5500W to 5400N 5300W to 5500N 5330W to 5630N 5730W to 5800N
5830W then northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
4 tenths of first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 30 May 2016 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight low 996 mb located near Labrador.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT Tuesday low 997 mb located near the Strait of
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight trough from low located over Lake Melville.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT Tuesday trough from low located on a line
north-south over the East Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: