East Labrador Sea - western half
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 03 September 2015
Today Tonight and Friday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northeast 20 knots increasing to north 30 near noon and to northwest 35 late overnight. Wind diminishing to northwest 20 Friday afternoon.
Rain and fog patches ending Friday morning.
East Labrador Sea - northern half
East Labrador Sea - southern half
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 11 July 2015 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 2 September 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 3 Sep estimated from Newfoundland near
5100N 5555W to 5115N 5000W to 5230N 4930W to 5530N 5200W to 6000N
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 3 Sep estimated from Quebec near
5115N 5835W to Newfoundland near 5035N 5720W.
Iceberg CountForecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
East Labrador Sea - western halfIssued 04:00 AM NDT 03 September 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 3 September 2015 Today Tonight and Friday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today low 999 mb located over northern Belle
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Friday low 996 mb located over the East Labrador
At 4:00 a.m. NDT Friday approaching ridge located over Quebec.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:55 AM NDT 3 September 2015 A low pressure system currently over the Belle Isle Bank will track
northward to lie over the East Labrador Sea by tonight. Strong to
gale force northwesterlies are forecast to develop west of the
systems track later today into tonight.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
South Labrador Sea and Northwest Labrador Sea and East Labrador Sea -
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort
- East Labrador Sea - eastern half
- East Labrador Sea - western half
- Funk Island Bank - northeastern half
- Funk Island Bank - southwestern half
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: