Central Brevoort - southern half
Issued 05:00 AM EST 22 December 2014
Today Tonight and Tuesday
Wind northwest 15 knots diminishing to light late this morning then increasing to west 15 early this evening. Wind backing to southwest 20 after midnight then increasing to southwest 25 late overnight. Wind diminishing to southwest 15 Tuesday evening.
Periods of light snow late this afternoon this evening and near noon Tuesday. A few flurries beginning Tuesday evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Freezing spray Tuesday morning. Freezing spray Tuesday afternoon.
Temperatures near minus 5.
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EST 21 December 2014 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 5800N 5900W to 6110N 6020W to 6425N 5750W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 7 tenths of grey-white ice including 1 tenth of first-year ice in the western section. 9 plus tenths of grey-white ice including 2 tenths of first-year ice in the extreme northwestern section.
Warnings (In effect)
Central Brevoort - southern halfIssued 05:00 AM EST 22 December 2014
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:45 AM EST 22 December 2014 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 1200 UTC Monday weakening trough from 1009 mb low located from
63N 84W to 70N 76W.
By 0000 UTC Wednesday trough from 1012 mb low located from 68N
57W to 60N 57W.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: