Issued 03:00 AM ADT 27 March 2017
Today Tonight and Tuesday
Wind light increasing to southeast 15 knots this morning and to southeast 25 this afternoon. Wind backing to easterly 30 early this evening then diminishing to northeast 15 Tuesday morning. Wind diminishing to light Tuesday afternoon.
Rain or ice pellets beginning early this afternoon changing to rain and fog patches late this afternoon and ending overnight. Showers beginning Tuesday evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation and in fog patches.
Temperatures zero rising to plus 5 Tuesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 March 2017 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4540N 6015W to 4510N 5925W
to 4615N 5810W to Newfoundland near 4735N 5900W. Sea ice northwest
of the ice edge.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 27 March 2017 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located from Quebec to West Scotian
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Tuesday weakening ridge located from Labrador
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low 1014 mb located west of Browns Bank.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Tuesday low 1015 mb located over East Scotian
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:45 AM ADT 27 March 2017 A cold northwesterly flow will give freezing spray to northern and
eastern waters today.
Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Banquereau, Cabot Strait, Gulf-Magdalen - northeastern
half, and Anticosti.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: