Issued 08:00 PM ADT 30 March 2015
Tonight and Tuesday
Wind southwest 25 to 30 knots backing to south 20 to 25 near midnight then diminishing to west 10 to 15 late overnight. Wind increasing to west 15 to 20 Tuesday afternoon.
A few showers or flurries ending early Tuesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 30 March 2015 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4515N 6100W to 4445N
6100W to 4430N 5800W to 4600N 5700W to 4730N 5800W to Newfoundland
near 4720N 5520W. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4520N 6530W to
Nova Scotia near 4500N 6505W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Open water except 8 tenths of grey ice including 2 tenths of
grey-white ice in bays of the eastern section.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 30 March 2015 Tonight and Tuesday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight ridge located from East Scotian Slope
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Tuesday ridge located on a line north-south over
the eastern Marine District.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Tuesday trough located on a line north-south over
the western Marine District.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Tuesday trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over the eastern Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:50 PM ADT 30 March 2015 A trough of low pressure will track to lie over the western marine
district tonight and over the eastern marine district by Tuesday
afternoon. Strong to gale force southerlies ahead of the trough shift
to strong to gale force westerlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
East Scotian Slope and Laurentian Fan.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- Lurcher - eastern half
- Lurcher - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: