Issued 05:30 AM EDT 03 September 2015
Today Tonight and Friday
Wind north 15 knots diminishing to light early this afternoon then increasing to northeast 15 late this evening. Wind increasing to northeast 20 Friday morning then diminishing to light Friday evening.
Risk of freezing rain early this morning. Risk of freezing drizzle today and Friday. Chance of drizzle today and Friday. Fog patches forming after midnight. Visibility as low as 1 mile in precipitation and 1 mile or less in fog patches.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 2 September 2015 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from 7030N 14100W to 7010N 13730W to 7100N
12740W to Banks Island near 7155N 12545W. Sea ice north of the ice
Second ice edge estimated from Banks Island near 7105N 12250W to
7055N 12155W to Victoria Island near 7140N 11900W. Sea ice north of
the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Victoria Island near 6850N 10255W to
6825N 10155W to King William Island near 6850N 9910W. Sea ice north
of the ice edge.
Fourth ice edge estimated from King William Island near 6955N 9800W
to Prince of Wales Island near 7120N 9835W. Sea ice west of the ice
Fifth ice edge estimated from Prince of Wales Island near 7245N
9635W to 7355N 9610W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice
Sixth ice edge estimated from Somerset Island near 7300N 9140W to
Brodeur Peninsula near 7300N 8920W. Sea ice south of the ice edge.
6 tenths of old ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 2 September 2015 Tonight and Thursday At 0000 UTC Thursday trough located from 79N 133W to 74N 127W.
By 0000 UTC Friday departing trough located from 82N 108W to
At 0000 UTC Thursday ridge from 1025 mb high located from 72N 140W
to 75N 165W then to 87N 168W.
By 0000 UTC Friday quasi-stationary high 1029 mb located at
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: