Issued 05:30 AM EDT 22 September 2017
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 22 September 2017 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Somerset Island near 7355N 9010W to
7400N 8945W to 7425N 9200W to Devon Island near 7440N 9140W. Sea ice
west of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Devon Island near 7430N 8515W to
Bylot Island near 7335N 8050W. Sea ice to the northeast of the ice
Third ice edge estimated from Bylot Island near 7330N 7715W to 7545N
7355W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 21 September 2017 Tonight and Friday At 0000 UTC Friday cold front located from 87N 120W to 77N 168W.
By 0000 UTC Saturday departing cold front located from 80N 120W
to 77N 144W.
At 0000 UTC Friday quasi-stationary ridge located from 72N 168W
to 75N 120W.
By 0000 UTC Saturday deepening trough located from 65N 126W to
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hurricanes and Climate Change
Hurricanes and Climate Change, is there a link?
- Date modified: