Issued 10:30 AM PDT 19 September 2017
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind light increasing to north 10 to 20 knots this evening and to north 20 to 30 late overnight. Wind north 20 to 30 Wednesday.
Hecate Strait - northern half
Hecate Strait - southern half
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 19 September 2017 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today trough located on a line east-west over
the central Alaska panhandle.
By 11:00 p.m. PDT tonight trough located on a line east-west over
northern Vancouver Island.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today building ridge located west of the offshore
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Wednesday approaching ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over the southern Alaska panhandle.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:18 AM PDT 19 September 2017 A trough of low pressure over the Alaskan Panhandle will push
southward down the coast tonight. On Wednesday, a ridge of high
pressure currently well offshore will build strongly towards the
On Wednesday, strong to gale force northwest winds will spread across
northern and central waters as the ridge builds towards the coast.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hurricanes and Climate Change
Hurricanes and Climate Change, is there a link?
- Date modified: