Issued 04:00 PM PDT 30 August 2015
Tonight and Monday
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southwest 20 to 30 knots except southeast 40 to 50 over southeastern sections late this afternoon. Wind becoming west 15 to 25 near midnight then becoming southwest 15 Monday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate StraitIssued 4:00 PM PDT 30 August 2015
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 30 August 2015 Tonight and Monday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over Queen Charlotte Sound.
By 11:00 p.m. PDT Monday cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over southern Vancouver Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 4:06 PM PDT 30 August 2015 An intense cold front across Queen Charlotte Sound will reach
Northern Vancouver Island this evening and will tend to stall in a
northeast to southwest line across Central Vancouver Island by Monday
afternoon. The front will then move into Washington state Monday
The system will produce gale to storm force southeasterlies as it
moves through the central part of the coast early this evening with
marginal gales expected further south over most of the South Coast
tonight. Strong to gale force westerlies will follow the system over
most of the offshore waters.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: