Issued 09:30 PM PST 24 January 2015
Tonight and Sunday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southerly 35 to 45 knots diminishing to southwest 25 late this evening and to southwest 10 to 20 late overnight. Wind becoming variable 5 to 15 Sunday afternoon then becoming easterly 10 to 20 Sunday evening.
Periods of rain.
Hecate Strait - northern half
Hecate Strait - southern half
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate StraitIssued 9:30 PM PST 24 January 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 24 January 2015 Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight departing low 978 mb located over the
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight quasi-stationary cold front located over
Cape Scott extending southwestward.
At 9:30 p.m. PST Sunday approaching frontal system located southwest
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:30 PM PST 24 January 2015 A low pressure centre over the Alaskan Panhandle will move inland
tonight. Gale to storm force southwesterlies over central and
northern waters will gradually ease to moderate to strong tonight.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: