Issued 09:30 PM PDT 17 April 2015
Tonight and Saturday
Wind light becoming southeast 5 to 15 knots Saturday afternoon except southeast 15 to 20 over northern sections Saturday late in the day.
Hecate Strait - northern half
Hecate Strait - southern half
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 17 April 2015 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight building ridge located on a line
north-south over Haida Gwaii.
By 5:00 p.m. PDT Saturday ridge located on a line north-south over
Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 11:00 p.m. PDT Saturday approaching frontal system located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:29 PM PDT 17 April 2015 A building ridge of high pressure over Haida Gwaii this evening will
move slowly eastward to lie in a north to south line over Queen
Charlotte Sound by Saturday afternoon. A frontal system approaching
from the Pacific will reach Western Bowie Saturday evening.
Moderate to strong northwest winds will prevail over most areas east
of the ridge with gales forecast off the west coast of Vancouver
Island tonight. Winds ease to light near the ridge and back to
moderate to strong southerly in its wake. The approaching front will
bring gale force southerlies over the northern offshore waters and
off Northwestern Haida Gwaii on Saturday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: