Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 09:30 PM PST 28 January 2015
Tonight and Thursday
Wind southwest 15 to 25 knots becoming southwest 15 late overnight then diminishing to light early Thursday morning. Wind increasing to northeast 15 to 20 Thursday afternoon.
Rain ending late Thursday morning.
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 28 January 2015 Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight cold front located off Haida Gwaii.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Thursday cold front located on a line north-south
over Haida Gwaii.
At 4:00 p.m. PST Thursday trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over southern Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:11 PM PST 28 January 2015 Strong to gale force southeasterlies will continue tonight over
northern waters ahead of a cold front just off Haida Gwaii.
This front is forecast to rapidly weaken over Hecate Strait Thursday
morning with winds easing to below gale force.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: