Dixon Entrance West
Issued 04:00 AM PST 30 January 2015
Today Tonight and Saturday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northeast 20 knots diminishing to northeast 15 late this afternoon then increasing to easterly 15 to 25 overnight. Wind increasing to easterly 25 to 35 Saturday afternoon.
A few showers ending this morning. Periods of rain beginning Saturday morning.
Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance WestIssued 04:00 AM PST 30 January 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 30 January 2015 Today Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 a.m. PST today low 1016 mb located over Haida Gwaii.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today weakening low 1020 mb located over Hecate
At 4:00 a.m. PST Saturday warm front located off Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Saturday warm front located on a line north-south
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:49 AM PST 30 January 2015 A low pressure centre over Haida Gwaii will weaken over Hecate Strait
today. Gale force southwesterlies over Queen Charlotte Sound will
ease this morning.
An approaching warm front from a low over the Pacific Ocean will
track across Bowie on Saturday. Ahead of the front, gale force
southeasterlies will develop over the offshore waters Saturday
morning and spread to northern waters in the afternoon.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: