Dixon Entrance West
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 27 July 2017
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind west 15 knots diminishing to light this morning then becoming south 5 to 15 this afternoon. Wind southeast 15 tonight and Friday.
A few showers beginning this evening.
Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 27 July 2017 Today Tonight and Friday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
the offshore waters.
By 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located from the
Central Coast to Explorer.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT Friday approaching low located off Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:31 AM PDT 27 July 2017 A ridge of high pressure over the offshore waters will move across
Haida Gwaii today and remain stationary on a line from the Central
Coast to Southern Explorer tonight and Friday. Ahead of the ridge,
gale force westerlies will develop late this afternoon over Central
Juan de Fuca Strait and diminish overnight.
An approaching low will lie off Bowie by late Friday afternoon.
Ahead of the low, gale force southeasterlies will develop over the
offshore waters Friday afternoon.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: