Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 20 August 2017
Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 to 20 knots increasing to southeast 30 late this evening then diminishing to southeast 20 early Monday afternoon. Wind increasing to southeast 35 Monday evening.
Rain and fog patches.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 4:00 PM PDT 20 August 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 20 August 2017 Tonight and Monday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over northern Vancouver Island.
At midnight PDT tonight frontal system located over the offshore
By 7:00 p.m. PDT Monday approaching cold front located west of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:55 PM PDT 20 August 2017 Over the South Coast, a ridge of high pressure will remain in a
northeast to southwest line over Vancouver Island. This will give
light to moderate winds to most regions except for strong westerlies
through Juan de Fuca Strait tonight and moderate to strong
Westerlies Monday afternoon.
Over the North Coast, a frontal system will approach offshore
Waters tonight and the associated cold front will reach Haida Gwaii
Monday evening. Moderate to strong southwesterlies over most waters
will back to strong to gale force southeasterlies ahead of this
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: