Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 28 April 2017
Today Tonight and Saturday
Storm warning in effect.
Wind west 5 to 15 knots becoming light early this morning then increasing to southeast 5 to 15 near midnight. Wind increasing to southeast 15 to 25 late overnight and to southeast 40 to 50 Saturday morning. Wind becoming south 40 Saturday afternoon.
Rain beginning overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 04:00 AM PDT 28 April 2017
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 28 April 2017 Today Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today building ridge located over northwestern
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 11:00 p.m. PDT tonight intensifying low 1002 mb located west
By 11:00 a.m. PDT Saturday low 990 mb located over northern Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:48 AM PDT 28 April 2017 A building ridge of high pressure offshore is causing strong
northwesterlies over the inner South Coast and the southern sections
of west coast Vancouver Island. Winds will ease this morning as
The ridge moves closer to Vancouver Island.
A developing low will approach Bowie overnight then track across
Bowie Saturday morning to reach Haida Gwaii in the afternoon. Winds
will increase to gale to storm force southeast over the north and
central waters ahead of the low.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: