Bowie - northern half
Issued 04:00 PM PST 19 December 2014
Tonight and Saturday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southerly 25 to 35 knots backing to southeast 35 to 45 early this evening then diminishing to southwest 20 to 30 near midnight.
Rain. Risk of thunderstorms late this afternoon and this evening changing to chance of showers Saturday.
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 4:00 PM PST 19 December 2014
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 19 December 2014 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located on a line
northwest-southeast over the offshore waters.
By 10:00 a.m. PST Saturday frontal system located on a line
northwest-southeast over the Mainland Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:57 PM PST 19 December 2014 An approaching frontal system will track across the outer BC waters
tonight. Gale to storm force southeasterlies ahead of the system will
shift to strong to gale force southwesterlies in its wake. Over the
inner South Coast, southeast gales will develop tonight and diminish
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: