Bowie - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 21 July 2017
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 to 35 knots diminishing to south 15 near noon then increasing to southwest 15 to 25 near midnight. Wind southwest 15 to 25 Saturday.
Periods of rain ending overnight. A few showers Saturday late in the day.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 04:00 AM PDT 21 July 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 21 July 2017 Today Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over the Lower Mainland.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today frontal system located on a line north-south
over the eastern offshore waters.
By 5:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located on a line
northwest-southeast over central Queen Charlotte Sound.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 12:15 AM PDT 21 July 2017 A frontal system just west of Haida Gwaii will continue eastward and
lie through Queen Charlotte Sound by this afternoon. Southeast gales
will spread to most northern and central waters as well as west of
Vancouver Island today.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: