Bowie - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 07 February 2016
Today Tonight and Monday
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeast 40 to 50 knots diminishing to southwest 20 to 30 early this morning and to south 10 to 20 early this evening. Wind increasing to east 20 to 30 near midnight then becoming south 25 to 35 late overnight.
Rain ending near noon. Rain beginning late overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 04:00 AM PST 07 February 2016
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 7 February 2016 Today Tonight and Monday At 4:00 a.m. PST today frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over Haida Gwaii.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Monday frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over northern Bowie.
At 4:00 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary ridge located over BC
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:47 AM PST 7 February 2016 A frontal system will stay on a line northeast-southwest near
Haida Gwaii today. The system will slowly shift northwestward
Tonight and will reach Northern Bowie by Monday morning. It
Will arrive the Gulf of Alaska by Monday afternoon. Associated with
the front, gale to storm force southerly or southeasterly winds will
prevail over most northern and central waters today through Monday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: