South Labrador Sea - eastern half
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 28 March 2017
Today Tonight and Wednesday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind north 35 knots diminishing to north 25 near midnight.
Flurries. Visibility as low as 1 mile in flurries.
Temperatures minus 2 to plus 2.
South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 27 March 2017 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4805N 5255W to 4720N 4825W
to 4730N 4650W to 5210N 5100W to 5450N 5155W to 5600N 5450W to 5800N
5630W then northward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 2 tenths of first-year ice including a trace of
old ice in the extreme southwestern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 27 March 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4715N 5300W to 4700N 4800W to 4800N 4430W to 5000N 4330W to 5145N
4600W to 5300N 5000W to 5600N 5200W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Mar estimated from Newfoundland
near 4907N 5824W to Quebec near 5015N 6018W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
South Labrador Sea - eastern halfIssued 04:00 AM NDT 28 March 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 28 March 2017 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today low 965 mb located east of the Flemish Cap.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Wednesday departing low located southeast of the
At 4:00 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over central Labrador.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:55 AM NDT 28 March 2017 An intense low pressure system east of the Flemish Cap will gradually
weaken as it moves slowly eastward today. Strong to gale force
northwesterlies over southern waters will slowly subside today as it
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
South Labrador Coast and South Labrador Sea - eastern half.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for South Labrador Sea - western half and East Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: