Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
Issued 04:00 PM NST 05 December 2016
Tonight and Tuesday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 30 knots increasing to northwest 40 after midnight.
Flurries. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Temperatures minus 3 to plus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EST 5 December 2016 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 6025N 6230W to 6340N 5755W then
northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 5 December 2016
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 6 Dec estimated from Newfoundland near
5110N 5544W to 5145N 5159W to 5500N 5159W to 6000N 5959W to 6100N
5359W to 5700N 4959W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 6 Dec estimated from Quebec near
5106N 5848W to 5027N 5832W to Newfoundland near 5028N 5724W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern halfIssued 4:00 PM NST 05 December 2016
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NST 5 December 2016 Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 p.m. NST today low 965 mb located northeast of the
By 4:00 p.m. NST Tuesday low 959 mb located northeast of Belle
At 4:00 p.m. NST today quasi-stationary ridge located over Quebec.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:51 PM NST 5 December 2016 An intense low pressure system northeast of the Flemish Cap will
continue its slow approach towards the district tonight. Gale force
northwesterlies will spread to most waters tonight as the low draws
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Lake Melville.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Lake Melville, all of the Labrador coast and the Northwest
Labrador Sea - northwestern half.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- East Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: