North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 24 July 2017
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 35 knots diminishing to northwest 25 this afternoon and to variable 10 to 15 this evening. Wind variable 10 to 15 Tuesday.
Showers and fog patches ending after midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 15 July 2017 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 23 July 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 Jul estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5515W to 4600N 5345W to 4600N 5215W to 4745N 4445W to 5130N
4530W to 5300N 4800W to 5700N 5200W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 Jul estimated from Quebec near
5007N 6135W to Newfoundland near 4854N 5830W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
North Labrador Coast - Saglek and southIssued 04:00 AM NDT 24 July 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 24 July 2017 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today low 990 mb located over the South Labrador
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Tuesday low 999 mb located south of Greenland.
At 4:00 a.m. NDT Tuesday building ridge located over Labrador Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:55 AM NDT 24 July 2017 A low pressure system over the South Labrador Sea will track
eastwards and out to sea today. Strong to gale force easterly to
northwesterly winds are expected around the low today.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
South Labrador Coast, Mid Labrador Coast, North Labrador Coast -
Saglek and south, South Labrador Sea - northwestern half, Northwest
Labrador Sea - southeastern half and East Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: