North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
Issued 04:00 AM NST 27 February 2015
Today Tonight and Saturday
Wind west 20 knots.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray.
Temperatures near minus 23.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 26 February 2015 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4735N 5240W to 4720N 4950W
to 4835N 4730W to 5145N 4825W to 5515N 5230W to 5625N 5625W to 5800N
5730W then northward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
9 plus tenths of first-year ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 26 February 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 26 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5253W to 4700N 5030W to 4800N 4730W to 5000N 4700W to 5145N
4700W to 6000N 5745W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 26 Feb estimated from Quebec near
5118N 5831W to Newfoundland near 5033N 5719W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
North Labrador CoastIssued 04:00 AM NST 27 February 2015
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NST 27 February 2015 Today Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 a.m. NST today departing low 967 mb located east of
At 4:00 p.m. NST today low 1000 mb located over the Northwest
By 4:00 a.m. NST Saturday low 996 mb located over the South
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:43 AM NST 27 February 2015 A low pressure system just east of the Labrador Sea will continue
away from the marine district this morning. Strong to gale force
northwesterlies over southern waters will diminish this morning.
A second low tracking through the Labrador Sea will move east of the
district on Saturday. Strong to gale force westerlies will spread
over southern waters on Saturday behind this system.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
South Labrador Sea and East Labrador Sea - southern half.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all open waters.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea - northern half
- East Labrador Sea - southern half
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northern half
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: