North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 26 June 2017
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind west 20 knots with gusts to 35 near fjords. Wind diminishing to variable 10 to 15 this morning except southwest 20 over southern sections today and tonight. Wind variable 10 to 15 Tuesday.
Showers and fog patches.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 June 2017 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Labrador near 5420N 5735W to 5450N 5620W to
5645N 6020W to 5735N 6035W to 5800N 5900W then northward. Sea ice
west of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 2 tenths of first-year ice including a trace of
old ice in the northeastern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 25 June 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 Jun estimated from Newfoundland near
4654N 5557W to 4430N 5545W to 4430N 5100W to 4515N 4630W to 4645N
4315W to 4800N 4315W to 5300N 4830W to 5700N 5100W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 Jun estimated from Quebec near
5020N 6255W to Anticosti Island near 4938N 6256W then from Anticosti
Island near 4904N 6214W to 4854N 6214W to Newfoundland near 4812N
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 26 June 2017 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today low 981 mb located over the Northwest
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Tuesday weakening low 994 mb located over the
North Labrador Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:52 AM NDT 26 June 2017 A broad area of low pressure stretching from northwesternmost waters
to Ungava Bay will eventually start moving eastward on Tuesday.
Strong to gale force southeasterly winds over northeasternmost parts
of the East Labrador Sea will diminish today as the low weakens.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for the
East Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: