North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
Issued 09:30 PM NDT 26 April 2017
Tonight and Thursday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 35 knots diminishing to west 25 Thursday morning.
A few flurries ending late overnight.
Risk of freezing spray.
Temperatures minus 14 to minus 6.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 April 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4715N 5245W to 4700N 5205W
to 4730N 5145W to 5015N 5205W to 5230N 4930W to 5800N 5630W then
northeastward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 26 April 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 26 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4740N 5720W to 4400N 5700W to 4015N 5145W to 4030N 4645W to 4745N
4215W to 5115N 4400W to 5300N 4945W to 5600N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 26 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5021N 6239W to Anticosti Island near 4914N 6156W then from Anticosti
Island near 5910N 6225W to Newfoundland near 4737N 5914W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
North Labrador CoastIssued 9:30 PM NDT 26 April 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 26 April 2017 Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight low 992 mb located north of the East
By 9:30 a.m. NDT Thursday quasi-stationary low 987 mb located
southeast of Greenland.
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight trough located over southeastern Labrador.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Thursday departing trough located over Belle
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight ridge located over northern Quebec.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT Thursday ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over Labrador.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:26 PM NDT 26 April 2017 A quasi-stationary low pressure system north of the district will
gradually strengthen tonight. Meanwhile, a trough of low pressure
over Southeastern Labrador will move southeastward to lie southeast
of the district Thursday morning. Strong to gale force west to
northwesterlies are expected with these systems.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
North Labrador Coast and the Labrador Sea except for the South
Labrador Sea - western half.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northeastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southwestern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: