Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
Issued 04:00 PM NST 05 February 2016
Tonight and Saturday
Wind northwest 10 to 15 knots increasing to northwest 25 Saturday morning then diminishing to northwest 10 to 15 Saturday evening.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray beginning Saturday morning and ending Saturday evening.
Temperatures minus 20 to minus 15.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 5 February 2016 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5305W to 4930N 5105W
to 5500N 5105W to 5625N 5555W to 5800N 5730W then northward. Sea ice
west of the ice edge.
9 plus tenths of first-year ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 5 February 2016
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 5 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5300W to 4530N 4800W to 4530N 4700W to 4630N 4600W to 4830N
4500W to 5500N 5100W to 6000N 5830W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 5 Feb estimated from Quebec near
5117N 5816W to Newfoundland near 5033N 5720W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Mid Labrador Coast - north of HopedaleIssued 4:00 PM NST 05 February 2016
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NST 5 February 2016 Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 p.m. NST today ridge located over Quebec.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Saturday quasi-stationary ridge located over
At 4:00 p.m. NST today deepening low 1002 mb located southeast of
By 4:00 p.m. NST Saturday deepening low 962 mb located northeast
of Funk Island Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:45 PM NST 5 February 2016 A low pressure system off the us Eastern Seaboard is expected to
steadily deepen as it tracks northeastward to lie northeast of the
Funk Island Bank as an intense storm by Saturday afternoon.
Northwesterly winds will increase to gale force Saturday afternoon or
evening over southeastern waters as the low approaches.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
South Labrador Coast, the South Labrador Sea - southeastern half and
the East Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all open waters.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: