Mid Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 PM NST 04 December 2016
Tonight and Monday
Wind northwest 25 knots.
Flurries. Visibility as low as 1 mile in flurries.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Freezing spray along the coast tonight and Monday.
Temperatures minus 8 to minus 2.
Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 4 December 2016 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5215N 5540W to 5220N
5535W to 5335N 5540W to 5430N 5645W to 5535N 5940W to 6010N 6335W to
6035N 6235W then northeastward. Sea ice west and north of the ice
Bergy water except 3 tenths of new ice in some bays.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 4 December 2016
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 5 Dec estimated from Newfoundland near
5110N 5545W to 5145N 5200W to 5500N 5200W to 6000N 6000W to 6100N
5400W to 5700N 5000W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 5 Dec estimated from Quebec near
5120N 5815W to 5040N 5815W to Newfoundland near 5040N 5715W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Mid Labrador CoastIssued 9:30 PM NST 04 December 2016
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NST 4 December 2016 Tonight and Monday At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight low 986 mb located southeast of the East
By 4:00 a.m. NST Monday dissipating low 991 mb located southeast
of the East Labrador Sea.
At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight low 966 mb located east of the Flemish Cap.
By 9:30 p.m. NST Monday low 966 mb located northeast of Belle
At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight quasi-stationary ridge located over Quebec.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:17 PM NST 4 December 2016 An intense low pressure system well east of the Flemish Cap is
forecast to begin its slow approach towards the district tonight and
Monday. Gale force northwesterlies will gradually spread across the
Labrador Sea Monday afternoon into Monday night as the low draws
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
South Labrador Sea, Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half, and
the East Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all of the Labrador coast and the Northwest Labrador Sea -
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- East Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: