Mid Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 PM NST 01 March 2015
Tonight and Monday
Wind southwest 15 to 20 knots diminishing to light Monday afternoon.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray ending Monday afternoon.
Temperatures minus 20 to minus 15 rising to minus 15 to minus 10 Monday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 1 March 2015 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4735N 5240W to 4645N 4640W
to 5035N 4645W to 5515N 5230W to 5550N 5505W to 5800N 5730W then
northward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
9 plus tenths of first-year ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 1 March 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 1 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5252W to 4700N 5030W to 4717N 4700W to 5000N 4645W to 5159N
4700W to 6000N 5744W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 1 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5118N 5831W to Newfoundland near 5033N 5719W.
Iceberg Count10 to 25 icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Mid Labrador CoastIssued 9:30 PM NST 01 March 2015
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NST 1 March 2015 Tonight and Monday At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight departing trough located southeast of
At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight ridge located from the Grand Banks to
By 9:30 p.m. NST Monday ridge located over Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:24 PM NST 1 March 2015 Northwesterly gales over the East Labrador Sea will diminish late
this evening as a ridge of high pressure continues to build towards
the district from the west.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for the
East Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all open waters except the North Labrador Coast.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northern half
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: