Lancaster - western half
Issued 05:30 PM EDT 13 October 2015
Tonight and Wednesday
Wind light increasing to northwest 15 knots this evening and to northwest 20 Wednesday morning.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Outside the ice edge moderate freezing spray becoming severe Wednesday morning.
Temperatures minus 9 falling to minus 14 Wednesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 13 October 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Hall Peninsula near 6440N 6510W to
Cumberland Peninsula near 6500N 6410W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Baffin Island near 6705N 6200W to
6730N 6200W to 6825N 6430W to Baffin Island near 6820N 6655W. Sea
ice west of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Baffin Island near 7205N 7410W to
7255N 6925W to 7430N 7350W to 7520N 7330W then northeastward. Sea
ice west of the ice edge.
1 tenth of multi-year ice except 8 tenths of new ice including a
trace of multi-year ice in the extreme western section. 1 tenth of
multi-year ice in the extreme eastern section.
Warnings (In effect)
Lancaster - western halfIssued 9:23 PM EDT 13 October 2015
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:45 PM EDT 13 October 2015 Tonight and Wednesday At 0000 UTC Wednesday low 993 mb located at 71N 63W.
By 0000 UTC Thursday low 983 mb located at 71N 66W.
At 0000 UTC Wednesday low 986 mb located at 58N 65W.
By 0000 UTC Thursday low 989 mb located at 67N 55W.
At 0000 UTC Wednesday low 999 mb located at 61N 107W.
By 0000 UTC Thursday low 999 mb located at 60N 94W.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: