West Coast Vancouver Island South
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 25 September 2017
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots diminishing to southeast 5 to 15 this evening then becoming light early Tuesday morning.
Periods of rain ending near midnight. Fog patches.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 25 September 2017 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today cold front located on a line north-south
over Queen Charlotte Sound.
By 5:00 p.m. PDT today weakening cold front located off Vancouver
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday frontal system located northwest of Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:24 AM PDT 25 September 2017 A stalled cold front will continue to generate strong to gale force
southeasterly winds along the North and Central Coasts as well as
near the North Coast of Vancouver Island today. This front is
forecast to weaken through the afternoon.
Another low pressure system will move into the Gulf of Alaska
tonight. This will spread strong to gale force south or
southwesterlies to northern waters on Tuesday. Generally light to
moderate winds are expected over southern waters.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: