West Coast Vancouver Island South
Issued 09:30 PM PST 06 February 2016
Tonight and Sunday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots increasing to southeast 25 to 35 near midnight.
Periods of rain beginning near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Vancouver Island SouthIssued 9:30 PM PST 06 February 2016
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 6 February 2016 Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located over western Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Sunday frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over Haida Gwaii.
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over the South Coast.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Sunday ridge located over BC interior.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:21 PM PST 6 February 2016 A frontal system over Western Bowie will move eastward to Haida Gwaii
by Sunday morning and will reach the North Coast by Sunday afternoon.
Ahead of the front, gale to storm force southeasterly winds will
prevail over northern and central waters tonight through Sunday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: