Queen Charlotte Strait
Issued 09:30 PM PST 05 December 2016
Tonight and Tuesday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northeasterly outflow 35 to 45 knots.
Temperatures plus 3 falling to minus 4 Tuesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Queen Charlotte StraitIssued 9:30 PM PST 05 December 2016
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 5 December 2016 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight low located over southern Vancouver Island.
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight quasi-stationary ridge located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:18 PM PST 5 December 2016 A quasi-stationary ridge of high pressure over the BC Interior in
combination with a low pressure system over the Southern BC waters
will produce gale force outflow winds through the mainland inlets.
Cold temperatures from the strong Arctic outflow winds will give a
risk of moderate freezing spray through the mainland inlets tonight
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: