Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
Issued 04:00 PM PST 20 November 2017
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind west 15 to 20 knots diminishing to west 5 to 15 early this evening then increasing to east 15 to 25 near midnight. Wind increasing to east 25 to 30 early Tuesday morning.
A few showers beginning early Tuesday morning changing to rain late Tuesday morning and ending Tuesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 20 November 2017 Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located over Bowie.
By 11:00 p.m. PST tonight weakening frontal system located on a
line northeast-southwest over Haida Gwaii.
At 10:00 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located southwest of
By 4:00 p.m. PST Tuesday frontal system located on a line east-west
over southern Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:48 PM PST 20 November 2017 A frontal system over Bowie will cross the north coastal
Waters this evening, weakening as it moves over Haida Gwaii
Tonight. A second frontal system approaching Explorer from the
southwest will move to lie over Southern Bowie by Tuesday afternoon.
Gale force southerly winds occur northern waters ahead of the first
frontal system, and will ease through Tuesday morning.
Gale to storm force southeasterly winds will spread to southern
offshore waters Tuesday morning and will spread to central and
northern waters Tuesday afternoon. Winds will ease behind the
Frontal system Tuesday night.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: