Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
Issued 10:30 AM PST 17 January 2017
Today Tonight and Wednesday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind easterly 25 to 35 knots diminishing to easterly 10 to 20 Wednesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Juan de Fuca Strait - central straitIssued 10:30 AM PST 17 January 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 17 January 2017 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:30 a.m. PST today low 981 mb located over northwestern
By 9:30 p.m. PST tonight low 969 mb located west of Langara.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:01 AM PST 17 January 2017 An area of low pressure over the northern part of Explorer this
morning will track northward off the west coast of Haida Gwaii this
afternoon to lie west of Langara Island by late this evening.
Gale to storm force southeasterly winds currently over the southern
and central waters will spread northward into the northern waters
today as the low moves northward.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: