Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 22 August 2017
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind west 10 to 15 knots increasing to west 15 to 20 near noon and to west 25 to 35 late this afternoon. Wind diminishing to west 15 to 25 late overnight then becoming west 15 Wednesday morning. Wind increasing to west 25 to 35 Wednesday afternoon.
Fog patches dissipating late this morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Juan de Fuca Strait - east entranceIssued 04:00 AM PDT 22 August 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 22 August 2017 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over the North Coast.
By 8:00 p.m. PDT tonight weakening cold front located on a line
north-south over the Central Coast.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today low 996 mb located over the Gulf of Alaska.
By 10:00 p.m. PDT tonight low 998 mb located west of Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:17 PM PDT 21 August 2017 A cold front has reached Haida Gwaii this evening. Moderate to
Strong southwesterlies over most northern and central waters will
back to strong to gale force southeasterlies ahead of this system.
Winds will shift to moderate to strong westerlies behind the cold
front on Tuesday.
An approaching low over the Gulf of Alaska will bring strong to gale
force southerlies to Bowie late Tuesday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: