Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 28 June 2017
Tonight and Thursday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to west 15 to 25 knots early this evening then diminishing to west 5 to 15 late overnight. Wind becoming light late Thursday morning then increasing to west 15 to 25 Thursday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Juan de Fuca Strait - east entranceIssued 4:00 PM PDT 28 June 2017
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 28 June 2017 Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 10:30 a.m. PDT Thursday ridge located on a line north-south
over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:52 PM PDT 28 June 2017 A ridge of high pressure will remain over the offshore waters
tonight. Gale force northwest winds off Central Vancouver Island will
gradually ease tonight.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: