Issued 09:30 PM PDT 23 May 2015
Tonight and Sunday
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind light becoming southerly inflow 10 to 15 knots near noon Sunday except southerly inflow 20 over northern sections.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Howe SoundIssued 9:30 PM PDT 23 May 2015
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 23 May 2015 Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located over western Bowie.
By 5:00 a.m. PDT Sunday ridge located on a line north-south
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight quasi-stationary trough located on a line
north-south over BC interior.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:14 PM PDT 23 May 2015 A ridge of high pressure over the offshore waters combined with a
trough over BC Interior will continue to give strong northwest winds
to most regions over the next few days. Winds will rise to gale force
regularly off the west coast of Vancouver Island.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: