Explorer - northwestern half
Issued 10:30 AM PST 06 February 2016
Today Tonight and Sunday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southerly 15 to 25 knots increasing to southeast 25 to 35 near noon and to southeast 35 to 45 early this evening. Wind veering to south 25 to 35 early Sunday morning.
Rain beginning early this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Explorer - northwestern halfIssued 10:30 AM PST 06 February 2016
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 6 February 2016 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:30 a.m. PST today frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 5:00 a.m. PST Sunday frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:24 AM PST 6 February 2016 A frontal system will approach the offshore waters this afternoon.
The system will move eastward to Bowie by Sunday morning and will
reach the North Coast by Sunday afternoon. Ahead of the front, gale
to storm force southeasterly winds will prevail over northern and
central waters later today through Sunday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: